Dear Members and friends attending our luncheon,
Thank you all so much for our bookings and payments.
The banking system has given me and Adele, our Treasurer, a fair bit of detective work as a good number of payments did not disclose who they were from. Hopefully all will be revealed and I have accepted all bookings on the assurance that the funds have been duly paid.
To try and avoid any confusion on the 11th , I attach my excel sheet reflecting those members whose details I have tried to capture. I’m not too good at this sort of thing so if you have booked and paid and are NOT reflected on the attachment, please do let me know urgently on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note the following details:
Cresta is endeavouring to have available drinks such as beers, ciders, soft drinks, shorts and alcohol such as gin. Payments will be accepted in bond notes, swipe and ecocash. As previously advised, wine, courtesy of the HSZ, will be on all the tables.
Folk have asked if they can wear medals or miniatures and that would be most welcome. Indeed, if any of you have period dress, that would be spectacular and enliven proceedings!
Rob Anderson of The Legion will be making poppies available and he will have donation boxes available for all who might wish to donate to this worthy cause.
4. Seating arrangements
Quite a few folk have asked to sit with friends. Where it is just two or three I have asked that one of that group get there early to book for those one or two friends. Where there are whole or large tables of friends I have agreed to reserve tables for them. There will be free seating at all of the other tables at which I hope new friendships can be made and old ones enhanced.
I particularly welcome a group from the Royal Society of St George (RSSG). This group have asked to sit together and for them and others who have specifically asked to sit in large groups, I set out hereunder those tables as requested.
- RSSG Table: Bill and Sue Moore, Brian Heathcote, Mark Oxley, Gil Shepherd, Audrey Riley, Norma Keatley, Rory and Michelle Woolley, Reenie Ager (10).
- John Graham Table: John Graham and Rouzan, Brendan and Gail Tiernan, Jon and Gill Calderwood, Basil and Bridgette Wakefield, Archie and Pelly Wood, Alex Masterson and John Robertson (12)
- Rob Blair Table: Rob and Mary Blair, Dawn Siemers, Meg Coates – Palgrave, Dave and Meg Cummings, Dave Gray, Dot Manson-Bishop, Marina Bond and Ken Regan (10)
- Robin Taylor Table: Robin and Jenny Taylor, Chris Hales, Liz Weller, Clair Duxbury, Charles and Lesley Castelin, Bill and Bonny Woodman (9)
- Graham Mills Table: Graham Mills, Mary Lovemore, Brenda Brand, Gyles and Rosie Dorward, Mike Swan (6)
- Tim Tanser Table: Tim and Di Tanser, Fiona Atkinson, John and Anna McCarthy, Kevin and Rosie Atkinson, Ray and Sue Roberts, Margot Dennis (10).
5. Be of good voice (and cheer)!
I have arranged that after John McCarthy’s talk, “Lest we forget-100 years on, ” with John Robertson on the piano and Margot Dennis and Dave Mills to lead the singing, we shall give voice to all those wonderful First World War songs such as “Pack up your troubles” and “It’s a long, long way to Tipperary”. These songs will hopefully not only capture the spirit of 100 years ago but also boost the morale of all of us at this particular time!
Please do look at the attached EXCEL sheet to ensure that your name is there and if not, please contact me urgently.
I do really look forward to seeing you all on the 11th November. We should like to start serving the main course just after 1,00pm but do get there early or as close to 12,00 noon as you are able.
With kindest regards,
Tim Tanser (Chairman National Executive)
Replies only to Tim Tanser: email@example.com